What is Stem Cell Lift®
What is the Stem Cell Lift? Today, stem cell therapy is no longer a science fiction story but a reality. Ground-breaking technology coupled with advanced cosmetic surgery techniques have made it possible to harvest and concentrate these miraculous autologus, multi-potent adult stem cells from the fat in your body and to inject them into another part of the body to restore, repair and rejuvenate the desired area.
Stem cell therapy has been successfully used for over 40 years to treat blood cancers with bone marrow transplants. The ethical and noncontroversial use of stem cells from your own body fat, known as autologus, adult adipose derived stem cells, has come of age, while use of the ethically controversial embryonic stem cells is still being studied and developed. Revolutionary advancements in autologus stem cell therapy are transforming the practice of medicine and providing an array of new, safe and effective treatment options for cosmetic, reconstructive, auto-immune, neurological and musculoskeletal conditions. This new specialty is termed Regenerative Medicine. Costly, risky, painful, and difficult surgeries have been transformed to safe, natural and affordable procedures.
Over a decade ago, Dr. Newman innovated the Stem Cell Lift procedure using the latest scientific and technological advancements to harness the power of your own body’s stem cells found in your fat and to provide you cutting-edge reconstructive surgery – without cutting. He has continued to improve and expand the application of the Stem Cell Lift technique. He and a team of specialists, who collaborate with him, have successfully applied the Stem Cell Lift procedure achieving impressive results for a variety of conditions.
Your hands and neck can show your true age. The Stem Cell Lift is effective on many parts of the body including the hands and neck. For post cancer patients, it’s a natural alternative to reconstructing the tissue without the need for major surgery or implants.
Procedures Using Stem Cell Lift®
- 3-dimensional scar-free face lifts
- Nose enhancement
- Ear lobe enhancement
- Cheek enhancement
- Chin and jaw line enhancement
- Hand rejuvenation
- Buttock augmentation
- Breast augmentation
- Calf augmentation
- Vaginal rejuvenation
- Liposuction correction
- Post-cancer reconstruction
treatment of chronic ulcers or wounds
- Scar revision
- Autoimmune skin diseases
- Lichen Sclerosus
- Lichen Planus
- Muscle and tendon repair
- Joint Repair
- Most Commonly Utilized Types of Stem Cells
- Allogeneic (Cells not from your body)
- Cord Blood
- Autologus (Cells from your own body tissue (Adult)
- Hematopoetic (Bone Marrow)
- Adipose (Fat)
What are Tissue Stem Cells?
Stem Cells are the closest thing we have to the fountain of youth. These special cells are found in all tissues of the body and are tasked with repair, maintenance and regeneration of the tissues. Adult stem cells remain dormant (non-dividing) until they are activated by a normal need for more cells, or by disease or tissue injury. Serving as part of the repair and maintenance system, they can divide without limit to replenish others. The fat contains the greatest concentration of stem cells of any tissue. When activated, the stem cell in the fat has the potential to either remain a stem cell or become a fat cell, a muscle cell, a bone cell, a cartilage cell, or a nerve-covering cell. Adult stem cells will divide and grow; they then take the form of the surrounding tissue. For example, they can become bone next to bone and fat next to fat. Normal adult stem cells do not expand without limit; they are programmed to know when to stop growing in order to keep the natural form and size of the specific tissue in the area where they are injected.
Tissue stem cells have the following special attributes
- Cells that can make more of themselves
- Pluripotent Differentiation:
- Cells with ability to become different type of cell, such as fat, muscle, bone or cartilage.
- Repair & Regenerate:
- Ability to restore function to tissue
- Benefits & Advantages of Adipose (Fat)
- Derived Stem Cells
- Ethical, non-controversial
- Uses Your Own Tissue
- Low immunogenicity
- No Allergic Reaction
- No Rejection
- No Need for Chronic Immune Suppression
- Easy to obtain from body most accessible and most abundant
- Most concentrated amount of stem cells per milliliter of any tissue in the body
- Can be used immediately at the time of the procedure
- No need to manipulate or grow in a lab
- Known to have major function in healing, repair and regeneration of tissues
- These cells are tasked with:
- Reducing inflammation
- Improving circulation
- Repairing the collagen scaffolding
- Restoring elasticity
- Repairing damaged cells and tissues
- These cells are tasked with:
- Genetically programmed to naturally differentiate to the desired tissues:
- Nerve covering
- When they are taken from one part of the body and placed in another, they become incorporated into their new environment.
- Stem cells induce the production of new collagen, blood vessel formation, break up scar tissues, and replace damaged fat cells next to them.
- Not only do they incorporate themselves into their new area, they recognize their new surroundings and take on the attributes of the surrounding tissues.
- The stem cells are vital for the tissue graft survival in this new environment.
- Once the fat has taken and is secured in the new position, the stem cells help to maintain the results for many years by ensuring adequate blood supply and by replacing older cells.